Do this because
Visit Saint Stephen's Basilica, the main Catholic church in Budapest
Enjoy skip-the-line entry and save precious vacation time
Walk around the church and see its monumental artworks and relics
Admire panoramic views over the city from the dome
Explore the treasury and historical exhibition
What to expect
This product is a skip-the-line entrance ticket to Saint Stephen's Basilica in Budapest: you will meet an English-speaking tour guide in front of the Basilica, who will give you the entrance tickets to the church.
Built in the 2nd half of the 19th century, this is one of Budapest’s highlights, known for its monumental dome and beautiful Neo-Renaissance architecture. Admire its rich interior covered with real gold and decorated with many frescoes and sculptures made by the best local artists of the late 19th century. See the mysterious relic the Holy Right, the naturally mummified right hand of the first Hungarian king Saint Stephen who ruled the country in the 11th century and converted Hungarians to Christianity.
Then, take an elevator and continue your guided tour to the panoramic terrace around the dome, an amazing lookout point above the whole of Budapest. From the gate you can take a second elevator in the other tower and visit the treasury and history exhibition of the basilica. If the inner church area is temporarily closed because of an unforeseen special ceremony, you can start your visit with the panoramic terrace and the treasury, and return to the church later when it gets reopened.
You can use your ticket in the opening time during the whole day.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
An inside visit to the Basilica and on the lookout terrace around the dome
Entry to the church
Use of the elevator and entry to the panoramic terrace
Entry to the treasury and historical exhibition
Budapest, Szent István tér 1, 1051 Hungary
Your tour guide will wait for you at the ticket office with the sign "ESCORTED ENTRANCE". If the line is long at the ticket office, the tour guide will stay a few meters away from the crowd so as to be seen better.
Tourist Angel Smc
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note that on Saturday the church is often closed temporarily for 30 to 60 minute periods due to wedding ceremonies
- Please wear clothes appropriate for a church (no sleeveless tops, short skirts or shorts); men should uncover their heads
- It is forbidden to eat, drink, or smoke in the church area
- To reach the dome panorama terrace there are 2 elevators: a bigger one in the lower part and a smaller one in the upper part of the building; instead of using the second smaller elevator you may climb about 60 steps to reach the top of the dome, in case there are too many people waiting for the elevator
- COVID safety information: The tour guide will wear a protective mask if required by travellers. If there is a crowd at the elevators, it is recommended to keep bigger distances and walk up to the tower and treasury in the staircase