Do this because
Enjoy a visit to The Queen's Gallery
See the Masterpieces of Buckingham Palace exhibition
Admire pieces of art by Rembrandt, Vermeer and Rubens
What to expect
Visit the Queen's Gallery to enjoy a beautiful selection of art from the Royal Collection.
Explore the Gallery which has a program of exhibitions with pieces from the Royal Collection including paintings by old masters, historic furniture, rare decorative arts, and photographs. Visit the 'Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace' exhibition and admire paintings by van Dyck, Rubens, Rembrandt, Claude, and other masters.
From 8 April 2022 to 12 March 2023 you can see the exhibition 'Japan: Courts and Culture'. Discover the highlights of Japanese art from the Royal Collection that are brought together to explain the story of 30 years of diplomatic and cultural exchange between Japan and British imperial and royal families. Admire pieces of porcelain, samurai armory, and other significant pieces.
Discover the Queen's Gallery, which stands on the late chapel for Queen Victoria, which was destroyed in 1940. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh suggested the idea of an art gallery for the Royal Collection and the Queen opened the Queen's Gallery in 2002. The project became a success and the gallery expanded and became the most significant addition to Buckingham Palace in 150 years.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Entry to the exhibition
The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, London, UK
You can find the entrance near the Buckingham Palace gardens
Royal Collection Trust
Important to know
- Children (age 0-4) enter for free
- Please note you will need to print out the voucher and redeem your ticket at the front desk
- Please refer to the gallery's official website for opening hours, closure dates, and additional onsite instructions
- You will follow the audio guide through the gallery, the tour lasts approximately 1-hour
- The audio guide is available in English
- Opening times may change at short notice as the palace is an official residence of The Queen and a working royal palace
- The time slot you select at checkout is the time slot of your visit
- The 'Japan: Courts and Culture' exhibition is open from 8 April 2022 to 12 March 2023