Do this because
Discover the fascinating stories behind Venice's past with your guide
Explore the history of Venice that resides inside the Doge’s Palace
Marvel at St. Mark’s Basilica and its dazzling architecture
Enjoy a personalized tour experience with a small group of around 15 people
What to expect
This Doge’s Palace and St. Mark's Basilica tour is perfect for visitors who want to get a true taste of the city. In just a few hours, you'll be taken to two of Venice's most iconic sites, venturing inside St, Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace.
The tour starts at one of Doge’s Palace. Once home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, it is the center of Venetian history (and as one of the world’s oldest republics, that’s quite a history). You’ll explore all the best sights of the palace open to the public, from spectacular works produced on demand by artistic masters Tintoretto and Veronese, to the evidence of the genius checks and balances that made the republic so successful.
Next, you'll admire the heart of Venice, St. Mark’s Square. One of the highlights of this tour comes at the end when skip the line access takes you straight into St. Mark’s Basilica, saving precious vacation time that would otherwise have been wasted in line. Marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture, where eastern architecture and western design have blended to create a structure with an onion dome, before following your guide through the beautiful frescoes inside the basilica.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Expert, English-speaking tour guide
Small groups of around 15 people or less
Skip the line access and entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace
Skip the line access to St. Mark’s Basilica
Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
What's not included
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
S. Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Please meet your guide next to Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with the view of the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs), in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon. Your City Wonders guides will have City Wonders tour sign at the meeting point for easy recognition.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- St. Mark's Basilica is subject to closure without notice. When this occurs, guests are offered an extended tour of the basilica and St. Mark’s Square from outside. The tour provider will try to tell you ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours but this is not always possible. In these cases, there are no refunds or discounts
- The terraces are not included in this guided tour but you can visit them on your own buying the ticket in cash on the spot
- Unfortunately, this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers or baby carriages are also not permitted
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. You should bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather. Please note that many sections of the Doge’s Palace are not air-conditioned
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- This service ends inside Doges' Palace