Do this because
Visit the Wood of the Foundation and the Vatican chapels
Walk around the wood accompanied by an operator
Listen to the audio guide commentary with its original soundtrack specially produced for this tour
What to expect
Visit the Wood of the Foundation and the Vatican chapels, presented to the public during the 16th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale. You will be able to walk around the wood accompanied by an operator, absorbing the fascination of the Vatican Chapels.
The Pavilion was created for the first participation of the Holy See in the Architecture Biennale. Ten architects, from Italy, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, USA, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Chile, Serbia and Paraguay.
During your tour, you could listen to the audio guide commentary with its original soundtrack specially produced for this tour.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Tour lasting approximately 50/60 minutes of the Wood with the Vatican Chapels with app or audio guide included, accompanied by our operator
San Giorgio Café, Isola di San Giorgio Maggiore, 30100 Venezia VE, Italia
The Giorgio Cini Foundation is in Venice on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore. Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure of the tour. To get here you can take the water bus (Actv 2 Line), getting off at the San Giorgio stop, which leaves from:
- San Zaccaria (approximately 3-minute trip)
- Ferrovia (approximately 45-minute trip)
- Piazzale Roma (approximately 40-minute trip)
- Tronchetto (approximately 35-minute trip)
Fondazione Giorgio Cini
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- You will receive an audio guide available in Italian and English. Alternatively, in order to guarantee a totally safe visit, it will be possible to download a free app, available in Italian and English, directly onto your smartphone
- Visitors will be accompanied along the itinerary by an operator
- Please bring a surgical mask (mandatory to access some visit areas) and wired earphones with jack for Android devices (no bluetooth, no wireless)
- Reduced (over 65, under 26, residents of the Municipality of Venice, students, tourist guides of the European Union, journalists registered with the order, FAI members) - Child (6-14 years) - Free (children 0-5 years old, handicapped persons + companion, tourist guides of the Municipality of Venice, accredited journalists