Do this because
Exclusive experience: climb the amazing Leaning Tower
Enjoy a guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli
Learn the history of the leaning structure of the tower
Visit the interior of the Cathedral of Pisa
What to expect
This excursion to Pisa from Florence with skip-the-line access to the Leaning Tower will give you the amazing opportunity of climbing the world's most famous tower! Enjoy a splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty.
Upon arrival in Pisa, your guide will take you on a guided walking tour of the Square of Miracles and its monuments. You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the Cathedral – a model of Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower, and the round-shaped Baptistery surrounded by suggestive columned arcades. The commentary of the guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. You will be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors.
After the guided tour, you will enjoy the interior visit of the magnificent Tower with skip-the-line entrance. Climbing to its top by mounting its 294 steps rising up in a spiral will be one of the most amazing experiences you can ever try. The tower is 55.86 m tall (183.27 ft) from the ground on the low side and 56.70 m tall (186.02 ft) on the high side, around 3.99 degrees leaning. The weak and unstable subsoil caused this unique phenomenon, contributing to creating one of the wonders of the world.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Assistance at the meeting point
Guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and the Catheral
Skip-the-line tickets to the Tower of Pisa
Earphones for groups of more than 4 people
Piazzale Montelungo, 50129 Florence FI, Italy
Piazzale Montelungo, at the end of the ramp connecting with the train station. An assistant will be waiting for you wearing blue clothes with Caf Tour & Gray Line logos. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- In case of a long queue, if you cannot visit the interior of the Cathedral, you will be offered a guided tour of Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Visiting the tower requires a considerable amount of physical effort. Please consider that the spiral staircase has about as many as 300 steps. It is strongly recommended that people with cardiovascular and motor disorders do not visit the tower
- Children under the age of 8 will not be admitted to the tower. Children between 8 and 18 years are allowed only if accompanied by an adult
- The visit to the tower lasts about 30 minutes, no extension is allowed
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages