Do this because
Discover the history and mysteries of the Pantheon with your audio guide
Admire the beauty and harmony of this architectural structure
See and learn about the open oculus at the center of the great dome
What to expect
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty of this ancient Roman structure. With the help of an audio guide in your own language, unravel the history and mysteries of this monument, the only ancient Roman building that has remained almost completely intact today.
Originally a temple consecrated to all the gods and later converted into a Christian Basilica, the building was initially commissioned by Marco Agrippa and built by Emperor Hadrian between 120 and 124AD, following the fires that had damaged the structure. Before finishing your audio guided tour, don't forget to look upwards to the sky and admire the oculus - a circular opening in the dome which lights up the entire building.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
What's not included
Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome RM, Italy
At the Pantheon audioguide desk.
Important to know
- Admission to the Pantheon is free. This product is an audio guide
- The official paper guide is available in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, and Russia
- On Sundays, the audio guide desk opens at 12.00pm, following the celebration of Mass
- Opening hours may be subject to change without notice due to religious services, concerts, or extraordinary events
- A valid ID must be left at the desk as a deposit