Do this because
Admire the mosaics of St Mark's Basilica and the famous Bridge of Sighs
Get skip-the-line access to the Terraces of St. Mark's Basilica with spectacular views over Venice
Visit the Doge's apartments, the Hall of the Great Council, the Armoury, and the prisons of the Doge's Palace
What to expect
Visit the legendary city of Venice with an expert guide!
Your journey will start from the famous St Mark’s Square, where your guide will tell you how Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean. You will then visit St Mark's Basilica, with its famous mosaics and treasures. Here, you'll have special access to the terrace on the first floor, from where you can see the famous horses stolen from Constantinople during the Fourth Crusade, as well as amazing views over St Mark’s Square and the city.
Next it’s off to the Doge’s Palace, where you'll also have skip-the-line access at the entrance. You'll get to visit the Doge's opulent apartments and the Hall of the Great Council where the fate of the state was decided. See the beautiful frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto, the Armoury and the new prisons, where you'll learn about the lives of the prisoners themselves. Finally, you will cross the Bridge of Sighs, where you can discover the sad and melancholic side behind this romantic symbol.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Venice walking tour with local Venetian guide
Tickets to St Mark's Basilica with special access to the Terraces
Skip-the-line ticket to the Doge's Palace
Headsets for groups over 10 people
What's not included
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Piazza San Marco, 76, 30124 Venice VE, Italy
Correr Museum (Museo Correr) in Piazza San Marco. Meet under the portico just outside the entrance of the museum.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Unfortunately wheelchair users are not allowed on this tour because the prisons and the Armoury of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair accessible
- St Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, you will be given explanations from the outside
- This tour will run rain or shine. However, in the case of high tides of special festivities, St Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace may occasionally be closed to the public. In this case, you will be contacted as soon as possible to arrange a suitable alternative
- Please wear appropriate clothing when visiting the Basilica. Both men and women must cover shoulders and knees. For safety reasons, it is not possible to enter with backpacks
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please note that the maximum group size is 25 people