Do this because
Walk with your guide "always along the wall" on this walking tour, from Checkpoint Charlie to the Brandenburg Gate
Hear interesting facts about the history of the Berlin Wall on-site
Explore Checkpoint Charlie, Potsdamer Platz, and much more
See an original border watchtower and the exhibition building of "Topography of Terror"
What to expect
Walk with your guide always "along the wall" from Checkpoint Charlie to the Brandenburg Gate and hear interesting facts about the buildings and places you get to know on this guided walking tour.
Zimmerstrasse and Niederkirchnerstrasse were no streets at the time of division, but the death strip along the Wall. Likewise, Potsdamer Platz and Pariser Platz were empty places that neither West nor East Berliners were allowed to enter. Today, life pulsates here again. The path along the remains of the Wall to the Brandenburg Gate is full of historical sites of the two German dictatorships, but also of the democratic beginnings, such as the former Prussian Parliament, now the Berlin House of Representatives.
Between Checkpoint Charlie and Potsdamer Platz, your guide will show you the following places, amongst others:
- the former concert hall Clou, a converted market hall, which once had room for 4000 guests
- the largest office building in Berlin once built for Göring's Reich Air Ministry
- the "Topography of Terror," an exhibition building on the site of Gestapo and SS headquarters
- the Martin-Gropius-Bau
- the Berlin House of Representatives
- one of the last remaining sections of the Wall and an original border watchtower.
The last part of the tour goes past the representations of the German states and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe to the Brandenburg Gate, the endpoint of the tour.
Friedrichstr. 205, 10969 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide at Checkpoint Charlie in front of the Asisi-Panorama.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note that this guided walk starts at Checkpoint Charlie and ends at the Brandenburg Gate
- Wear comfortable shoes for a 2-hour walk
- Children (age 0-10) can participate free of charge. Thematically, the recommended minimum age is approx. 12 years
- A maximum of 10 people can participate in this tour
- Your guide is bilingual and can speak German and English during the tour. Please let him know on the spot which language you prefer