Do this because
Visit one of the most important monuments to mineral and religious culture in Poland
Follow the tourist route which lies 135 meters below ground
Marvel at the 20 chambers in this historic underground city
Tours are available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian and Polish
What to expect
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion. A professional, English-speaking driver will pick you up at the meeting point in Krakow and drive you straight to the site, where a local guide will take you through the historic underground city.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters below ground and is accessible by stairs, or by elevator on special demand. It is an absolutely unique place to visit and is a must-see during your stay in Krakow.
One of the major bonuses of visiting the Salt Mine is the health benefit of its special climate and its micro-element filled air.
Pick-up from meeting point
Licensed guide in mine
Modern and air-conditioned minibus/van
What's not included
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Straszewskiego 14 Street, Kraków
Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes prior to the tour departure time.
ETG POLAND S.C MARCIN GIL,DARIUS ZELAZNY
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16C
- There are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning, taking you down into the mine. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden
- No animals are allowed in the mine. The mine does not offer any animal shelters of its own for your pets
- Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30x20x10cm are not permitted inside the museum - please leave them at your hotel
- A wide range of comfortable vehicles are at your disposal, depending on the size of your group
- Student ID which shows age and university is required for student tickets (if not, a fee of 10 EUR or 50 zl will be charged)